Langley For Families Foundation approved just over $110,000 in second quarter grants, making the 2020 donation total of $361,865 to nonprofits across Hampton Roads to date. This quarter, 20 organizations received a grant.
Both Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA and Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia (BGCSEVA) received $10,000 each for emergency childcare services for essential workers in the community. The YMCA has been providing childcare at five locations since March 17. Each location can accommodate 27 children. BGCSEVA provides childcare to 55 children, and the organization worked in partnership with Virginia Beach Public Schools to ensure participants completed school requirements.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Virginia grants life-changing wishes to critically ill children, and these wishes help children replace fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope. Due to COVID-19, 30 wishes were postponed because of extreme risks for immune-compromised patients. To support COVID-19 wishes, Langley for Families Foundation granted $5,000.
Bridging The Gap Youth Program received a first-time grant of $2,500 for its mask making and distribution program for 200 youth in the Hampton Roads area. Bridging the Gap is a Newport News-based agency working with youth to stop violence and reconnect through entertainment, entrepreneurship and innovation.
The following organizations also received grants from the Langley for Families Foundation in the second quarter of 2020:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia
- Bridging the Gap Youth Program
- Center for Child & Family Services
- Colonial Virginia Council, Boy Scouts of America
- The Compassion Advocacy Network
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities
- Communities in Schools of Hampton Roads
- The DeGood Foundation
- EVMS Foundation
- Gloucester Housing Partnership, Inc.
- Greater Williamsburg HEARTSafe Alliance
- Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads
- Housing Development Corporation of Hampton Roads
- Literacy for Life
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Virginia
- Peninsula Metropolitan YMCA
- The Salvation Army – Peninsula Command
- The Salvation Army – Hampton Roads Area Command
- Virginia Supportive Housing
- W.A.T.E.R. Team, Inc.