Langley Federal Credit Union has approved $50,000 in six grants to local organizations through its charitable giving program. The following organizations will receive funds this quarter:
- An Achievable Dream - $10,000
- The Compassion Advocacy Network - $5,000
- Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast - $5,000
- Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads - $5,000
- Hampton University School of Business Scholarships - $20,000
- Thomas Nelson Community College Education Foundation - $5,000
Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast is receiving a $5,000 grant from Langley Federal Credit Union for the first time. The funds will be used to support its new virtual programming, “Fueling The Future.” The Girl Scout Leadership Experience focuses on four key pillars of life skills, STEM, the outdoors and financial literacy.
Hampton University will receive $20,000 to create four $5,000 scholarships for students in the school of business for the 2020-2021 academic year. Hampton University is one of the top Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the U.S., providing a broad range of technical, liberal arts and graduate degree programs.
Langley Federal Credit Union has contributed $484,500 in grants in 2020 to date. For more information about Langley’s community impact, visit LangleyFCU.org