CoVaBIZ BOB Awards (Best of Business Awards)
What makes a company successful? Its people? Its profits? Its impact? We consider it a combination of these factors, and we’re fortunate to have many successful businesses here in Coastal Virginia that put our region on the map economically, make our communities more dynamic and set the precedent of what the future of business will look like for our region.
With these awards, we highlight the services that companies use and trust to perform their day-to-day operations, the businesses that are excelling in their industries, the venues and events that make meetings and networking effective, the top professional development programs for taking careers to the next level and the individuals exuding professionalism, innovation, and influence throughout their companies and communities.
Finally, it is our goal to represent a broad range of ownership and diversity in the businesses we feature. We hope that you will explore local resources such as Yelp.com’s black-owned businesses list and Buy Black Hampton Roads and consider nominating or voting for your favorites in the appropriate BOB Awards categories.
Winners will be published in the January 2021 Issue of CoVaBIZ Magazine.
How the Process Works:
A Few Guidelines:
- Vote for as many or as few categories as you would like, Each voter is allowed one vote per category for the duration of the contest.
- You MUST submit your name and e-mail address with entry to validate your ballot.
- All nominated businesses will go through to the final round.
- The finalist round for voting runs from August 12, 2020, at 4 pm through September 9, 2020.
- Our contest winners will be those receiving the most votes overall.
While businesses are encouraged to promote themselves through all legitimate marketing channels, in an effort to maintain the integrity of the BOB Awards voting process:
- Any nominated business found to have used a third-party service to unfairly influence their vote count will be immediately disqualified (please be aware of potential scammers who may solicit your business for this purpose).
- Any nominated businesses offering discounts, gift certificates or other monetary rewards to customers in exchange for Best Of votes will be immediately disqualified.
If you have any questions, or problems please contact Web Marketing and Promotions Manager, Kathryn Kelly – email@example.com.
***If you have trouble reaching the contest, clear your browser history and try again. We apologize for any inconvenience.***
We have designed a Toolkit for all nominees to help with spreading the word about your nomination. Feel free to use these images on your website, social media, or newsletters.